Cryptozoology (from Greek kryptos, “hidden” + zoology; literally, “study of hidden animals”) is the search for and study of animals whose existence has not been proven. The animals cryptozoologists study are often referred to as cryptids, a term coined by John Wall in 1983. This includes looking for living examples of animals that are considered extinct, such as dinosaurs; animals whose existence lacks physical evidence but which appear in myths, legends, or are reported, such as Bigfoot and Loch Ness.
The Cryptozoology & Paranormal Museum in Littleton, NC is dedicated to the study and display of phenomena such as:
- Bigfoot information and artifacts
- Ghost evidence and ghost investigation tools
- Local cryptid and ghost stories and evidence
- Lake and river “monsters”
- UFO stories and evidence
- Famous Fakes such as the Fiji Mermaid
Please visit our sister site: HauntedLittleton.com to find out about ghost tours and stories in Littleton, NC.